The best hotels in Cancun, Mexico
Cancun is one of the most visited destinations in Quintana Roo. Helping you find a cheap hotel is Hotelscan's mission. Instead of booking a hotel room, looking for a vacation rental in an apartment, or even serviced apartments has turned into a typical practice, as they are usually cheaper when comparing the different types of accommodation
within the same neighbourhood. You will be able to choose any type of accommodation according to your specific needs, like your budget or your preferred location within Cancun. Hotelscan makes it easy to save on your next booking:
- Check out the list of accommodation options available for Cancun during the dates you prefer.
- The price of a hotel room in hotel room in Cancun can go from £4 to £55 or even more. Filter the results using the menu on the left side for setting a maximum price per night for the selected number of rooms.
- Use the additional filters to narrow the list of results.
Find accommodation near Cancun.
It may be a good solution to book a hotel out of the main city area too. Staying in a hotel near Cancun
will let you see different places in Quintana Roo and pay a lower price
at the same time. You just need to make sure that the place you are staying in has easy access to the public transportation networks to reach the areas you want to visit during your stay.
The region of Quintana Roo in Mexico is known all around the globe. It certainly has a lot to offer and attracts tourists from all around the globe, not only in the holiday season but during the whole year. As one of its most popular cities, Cancun offers a combination of cultural activities with a vibrant city atmosphere that you will enjoy by staying in any of the hotels available.
There is always something to do and see in Cancun, anything from having lunch in the trendiest restaurants to enjoying a walk from one tourist attraction to another. If you decide to visit the most popular attractions at peak times be aware that the most of them are often packed with travelers. Hotelscan has a fantastic range of hotels in Cancun
, offering you everything from the cheapest place to stay to the more luxurious hotels in our accommodation properties all around Mexico.
Choose the best hotel deals analyzing all kinds of accommodation in the city
When there are so many options available it may be hard to choose the best hotel. Hotelscan checks the price of your reservation in Cancun throughout 1206 properties that include apartments, Bed & Breakfasts, hostels and hotels so that you can pick the offer that you prefer. You can save up to 50% on your next booking
! What's the cost of a hotel room in Cancun? Based on the preferred dates, Hotelscan compares the prices in 1206 properties in Cancun to offer you the best offers for any hotel category!
- 5 star hotels are available in Cancun from £55.
- 4 star hotels can be booked from £8.
- If you want to stay in a 3 star hotel in Cancun you will find rooms from £15.
- One of the most inexpensive accommodation choices is to book an apartment in Cancun.
- Starting from £4 you can find a great number of accommodation properties.
Hotelscan goes through the Cancun hotel fares from hundreds of providers to get you the booking at the best value and save!
Choose the perfect location for your hotel in Cancun.
Whether you stay close to the popular Avenida Kukulkan or Cancun South you will be able to reach the most popular tourist attractions with ease. The city is great to go for a walk. Explore the surroundings of Avenida Kukulkan and get to know the most incredible city sights. There's plenty of fun things to do in Cancun! There are plenty of Hotels in Avenida Kukulkan
starting from £4 in Cancun. Make sure that you don't miss them! Our users also recommend staying in Hotels in Cancun South
where you can book a hotel room from £19.
Get the best out of your stay
Comparing prices of different types of hotels in Cancun top city areas has never been easier with Hotelscan. Book a hotel in Cancun city centre if you would like to walk to the tourist attractions and be independent from public transport. Since the demand for accommodation in Cancun centre is higher than average, it is usually better to make the reservation as early as possible.
Stay near Cancun's most visited spots
Cancun has the perfect atmosphere for any occassion and can be an ideal destination no matter if you travel with your partner, with your family or even alone. Cristo Rey Church, one of the most popular districts, can be your first stop after your arrival in Cancun. There are about 207 Hotels near Cristo Rey Church
starting from £4. This is one of the monuments you can miss during your stay. Booking Hotels near Ceviche Square
is also a good option and there are accommodation offers from £4. This is one of the monuments you can miss during your stay. Staying close to this square means you are close to the busiest locations in the city. If you are looking for a place to enjoy during summer holidays of for a city break, Cancun is the perfect destination. Get the best out of Cancun's atmosphere!
The city of Cancun has a tropical wet and dry climate, which means that there is no great difference in temperatures between the various seasons but there are months with heavy rainfall. The city is ideal for those who dislike the cold because it is warm all year long, with temperatures varying from 27°C to 35°C. The hottest months are from May to September, when it is also at its most humid, while the coldest ones are November to February, when the cool sea air blows into the city.
If you are planning a trip to Cancun then you might want to make it coincide with one of the city's many festivals. But what are the most popular ones?
- Viva Mexico en Cancun (September). Held throughout the month, this festival features many different events such as folk music, art exhibitions, street entertainment, and dancing.
- Independence Day (September). Held on September 16th, it commemorates the beginning of the War of Independence between Mexico and Spain. Today, residents celebrates with many different kinds of festivities both in the city and outside, on the Isla Mujeres, including parades, fireworks, food, and dancing.
- Summer Solstice (September). Held on September 21st, this event takes place at the world-famous Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza and it is full of atmosphere.
- Day of the Dead (November). Held early in the month, it is a commemoration of the families' deceased but it is celebrated with music and colourful decorations instead of mourning.
- Revolution Day (November). Held on November 20th, this is probably the most festive event of the year. Kicking off with a parade, it then continues into the night with food and drinks, and dancing.
- Dia de la Raza (October). Also dubbed the "Mexican Columbus Day", this festival is held in mid-October in the city centre. It features bullfights, dancing and live music, and processions.
But what to do in Cancun? The city is mainly visited for its virgin white sand beaches, azure sea, and incredible nature you can hardly find anywhere else in the world. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, therefore, Cancun is definitely the place for you. Many agencies in fact offer activities such as scuba diving, fishing, snorkelling, zip lining, swimming with sharks, dinner cruises around the harbour and jeep safari excursions in the surrounding countryside. And after a day spent in sports, take a walk around the city centre and visit Parque de las Palapas. Considered the heart of the city, this is where the residents meet and it is a perfect spot to enjoy traditional Mexican food in one of the many restaurants there together with a spot of people watching.
If you like history on the other hand, then definitely stop at the Museo Maya de Cancun. Built by the National Institute of Anthropology and History and recently opened in November 2012, the museum features many collections on the history of Mexico and of the Conquest, as well as local history.
Do you prefer art? Opened in 2009 and located underwater between Cancun, Isla Mujeres, and Punta Nizuc, the MUSA Museo Subacuatico de Arte aims to show its visitors how art and the environment can be blended together. The sculptures are in fact fixed to the seabed and made in materials that can promote coral life.
If you are travelling with children, you might want to consider visiting the Interactive Aquarium, located right in the Hotel Zone. Here tourists will have a chance to nurse sharks, pet rays, touch starfish, and even swim with dolphins.